Bilingual Spanish/English Family Peer Advocate
Hispanic Counseling Center is currently seeking a highly motivated/dedicated Bilingual (English/Spanish) Bilingual Family Peer Advocate to join our Respite Program
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reports to Program Coordinator
- Conducts intakes and provides support to family at the initial stage
- Shall prepare an Individualized Service plan upon clients’ intake and update every six months
- Shall conduct and write individual, group, and family FPSS session notes
- Shall complete discharge summaries and linkage to other resources
- Shall facilitate Parents Groups, trainings, and empower parents and caregivers on monthly basis
- Shall conduct and collect parent program surveys
- Shall prepare client progress record charts, write letters when indicated, and submit reports
- Shall interface with County and State agencies and other community organizations
- Shall participate in Local and State Conferences
- Shall attend instructional seminars
- Shall share information with referral agencies
- Shall conduct a series of Education classes
- Educate families on available resources
- Shall assist CSE meetings when needed
- Provide guidance and support, during crisis situations, assist with day-to-day activities such as: escorting parents to CSE meetings, connecting parents with community resources, helping parents improve parenting life skills and creating a more stable environment at home and provide parents the skills needed to strengthen their family and prevent hospitalization
- Former or current parent or primary caregiver to a child who has special needs.
- High School Diploma
- Fully bilingual in Spanish/English
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a variety of multi-ethnic and socio-economic groups and/or individual.
- Must be knowledgeable of resources available in the community to meet the needs of families.
COVID-19 considerations: Vaccination is required, surgical masks are required
For more information or to apply for the position, please CLICK HERE.