This program provides a variety of services for children, youth, and families at risk.
Program services include:
- Educational Assessments
- Parent workshops
- School-based prevention activities
- Crisis intervention
- Community service Projects
- Summer camp
- Teen Drop-In Center
- Parent/Child socialization activities
- Adolescent focus groups
- Preventive educational workshops
- Cultural arts and educational field trips
- Services are offered to children ages 7 to 20
Teen Drop-In Center
The Teen Drop-In Center is a prevention program for youth age 12-17 that creates a safe haven with a supervised environment of recreation and learning during the critical after-school and early evening hours. The Teen Drop-In Center provides leisure activities, academic enrichment, cultural arts and technology, as well as crisis counseling and gang prevention services.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday: 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Services and activities are free of charge, including:
- Computer classes
- Games and movies
- Art Activities
- Community service projects
- Crisis counseling
- Parent education workshops
Every summer, HCC holds a six-week summer camp aimed to enrich the lives of young people, ages 12-17.
Among the engaging activities offered are:
- Arts & crafts
- Field trips
- Dances Performances
Availability for the camp is on a first come, first serve basis.